RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 03:20 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern

Dick

That was true back when you were running ZDZ's, really the only game in town back then, so to speak. In my limited experience with ZDZ I agree with you...it takes lots and lots of fiddling and in the end is not as friendly as the current crop of 30-35cc engines....Mine never developed the power either

After the initial learning curve everyone will have to go through (myself included, took maybe a couple months to gain the confidence), my current engines have been simple plug and play.Hardly any carbfiddling; and they have been practically set-it forget it types. Also, much lighter than the old ZDZ's. As I have mentioned many times, the OS33develops very similar power to the YS175 and it includes mid range. It is the only one so far with the power of the YS at mid range....the other 2 strokes lack that....

The standard Walbros do need a curve.....elementary for today's radios. Except, the Walbro WYK33 with the rotary barrel valve may not need anything...we'll see

I will be playing with a VVRC 40 twin very soon. I am very curious whether the vibes can be eliminated with a soft mount and IF the power is there throughout the throttle curve. Intend to run pipes on it