Old 07-19-2013, 08:54 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Enya 90-4C Limited Reproduction

ORIGINAL: earlwb

ORIGINAL: lavagrit

weight is 815g.it is too heavy.

The Enya 4 stroke engines are built strong and heavy as they can turn higher RPMs than the other brand engines can. To do so requires a strong front end and crankcase to withstand the stresses. In the past engine reivews by Clarence Lee and Dave Guierke they mentioned it too. so what you might think it too heavy is actually a good thing and not really a problem. Some other more light weight engine brands may show RPMs in a similar range, but the engines can't really hold those high RPMs for very long without parts failure. In the past some model engine companies made high speed videos of their engines turning high RPMs and they were quite surprised as to how much movement there was with the engine, especially the front end and crankshaft. That is why you see the more modern high performance engines having fairly robust crankcases on them. Early on Enya beat everyone else to market with their first 1.20 four stroke engine. It was a bored and stroked version of the .90 engine. Later they improved on it with the 1.20R series.

You tell them, Earl. Most folks do not understand what you have described in your previous paragraph. What you say actually applies to most Enya engines, two or four stroke. I fit my Enya 40 & 45 CX with a 10x6 prop, tune it as lean as I dare and then let go do its thing. Others, some with the same model engine, watch in amazement as the aluminum piston and chromed liner "do their thing", when ran leaner than an ABC engine would be run.

Yeah, Enyas will swing big props, if that is what you need. But if you want to really see them wail, let them rev up.

Ed Cregger