RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV
Old 07-19-2013, 06:19 PM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

ORIGINAL: rikybob

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Okay... I've put together the HobbyKing order for

A fellow RCGmember sent me one he blew up one of the ESCs on trying to fly aerobatics with too much prop; after tinkering with it, I'm inclined to believe I can be very happy with it for my much less stressful purposes

I'm getting the el-cheapo recommended 5x3 props as they're like $1.73 for 6 on the SWARM; while I was at RC International (The Buddy Code/Swarm site) http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm I also found these, I thought I'd pass

$0.34

Remember you need to be logged in to your HK account for these to work; if they still don't work, or you're not from the US and want local codes, you can look them up on the RCI site linked above.

Now, all that remains is the motors... they're gonna have to wait 'til next paycheck or muh birfday, cuz I'm getting the good ones from MyRCMart, and it's $50 just fo

The irony of spending $50 in motors for a $25 chassis is NOTlost on me.[img][/img]

I'm going to be just vibrating until it all gets here. [img][/img]

mnem
I haven't lost my mind. It's just gone vertical. [img][/img]

Cool frame, great tape, love velcro, I have two Accucel 6 and an 8.
50 bux a motor!!! That come with a little hand. ..

Wx let up long enough to sail both old and new Nirvana. Met an old guy who says they meet in the am tomorrow and race sail boats sunday. Lets see if my boats are trimmed out right?

All the best!

B
Yeah I had anAccucel 6 and it was great. When it finally gave up the ghost I replaced it with a HK Eco 6 which I think is pretty much the same.
Good luck with the racing, make sure you get some video.

@mnemennth. Good luck with the quad build. Im sure it was 50 bucks for 4 motors, Yeah I use the HK velcro and foam tape all the time. Great stuff and cheap.

My day of flying ended early when I stripped the front TT gears after a landing in long grass. I had an Align TT on it that is suposse to break before the gears strip, guess HK gears are crap.
Replaced with Tarot gears now so will see how they hold up.