RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 08:46 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern

Hmmm, the twin is providing two power pulses per rev. They happen at the same time but are diametrically opposed and should cancel the vibes each generates. However the tork pulse is in a single direction. Can't cancel that of course; the beastie would have a tough time turning. Some vibes are expected

Pattern people tend to be focused on what drives them. Be it beautiful flights, finishes, powerplants, radios, whatever. It is all a matter of preference. For me, 2 stroke and 4 stroke glow was fine for a long time. Electrics were not in my cards (still are not regardless of how my flying buds feel); but I wanted something new, different and challenging to focus on. Enter gas......my preference. The earlier gas stuff just didn't have the guts of the YS170 (which was my benchmark). I went as far as purchasing a full blown electric set up as a result of a couple key caveats with gas, even tho I didn't really want it. Well, OS came out with their GT33 and everything changed for the better as far as I was concerned. A couple fellas in France feel the same about the RCGF32 (I think that's great to have options)......

Yeah I understand the pit falls of small twins....Many years ago I flew a BME106; just so so power

The weight and power reported by VVRC for the 40cc form a compelling argument worthy of a trial experiment. If it equals the 33 in handling and output, then we'll have something

BTW, I just realized that someone made this thread a "sticky". I assume it was a moderator yet nothing was said. For some reason I found that a bit irritating

Last edited by MTK; 08-07-2013 at 11:22 AM.