RCU Forums - View Single Post - Arf prices?
Thread: Arf prices?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 04:17 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Default RE: Arf prices?

ORIGINAL: JCINTEXAS

The bottom line is this: The U.S. Dollar is being devalued via inflated money supply. The Federal Reserve is injecting about $80 Billion per month into the money supply which has the effect of reducing the buying power of the U.S. Dollar. This affects the prices on everything, but especially on imported products....and most ARFs are imported. I understand this Forum is about our model airplane hobby and not about economics or politics. However our hobby/sport does not exist in a vacuum. ARF prices are rising because of realities outside of our hobby. In a few years we will look back at today's prices as the "good old days".

Best Regards
JC

I don't always fly R/C...but when I do, I fly FASST.
The OP and other respondents are not in the US and still have the same problem. While certainly the FED is directly hurting those of us in this hobby it only has a small effect on the rest of the world. The biggest problem, I believe, is that the cheap, unskilledlaborers in China (in particular) are demanding more money. And they are probably learning from our unions about things like work slowdowns.