RCU Forums - View Single Post - 30cc Edge 540 build
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 30cc Edge 540 build

Hello! Ive read all of your comments I'm glad you took the time to see the vid and comment! But trust me, things here at 11,800ft above sea level are sooo different from what planes/engines are designed-made-adviced on the internet. And you can be sure i've made everything to make my planes to fly as advertised on promotional videos, and i've been repairing many times because when I needed power (and the oxygen), it just not enough. I know its against all advice (from manufactures), but i rarely fly full throttle and im sure im not pulling high G's on this already stressed airframe. I just need a plane that has the power to take me out of my mistakes without having to make epoxy every month.

The landings have to be a little fast to avoid any drop, and yes I've didn't make the best landings (my bad), but taking into account I waited 1 year to complete this plane, my first gasser ever, that they where my first 3 landings and I was nervous as hell, I felt they were acceptable hahaha. I was really nervous about the landing gear and the firewall, but on this session they both held very good. Checked them after flight no problems, until now.

The other thing is that on forums I haven't found any about high altitude above sea level flying, so i'm pretty much on the dark side here, there are a lot of forums based on almost perfect efficiency levels, and sadly isnt my case! I thought that I may take a risk (a high one) and if I can help anyone that may be thinking something similar based on my experience Ill be happy. And guys, isnt that one of the best things in the hobby helping each other?

GIBATTA: Oh god La Paz???? even soccer players are half efficient up there! hahaha

Well the maiden day I only had 4 flights, and they where basically for testing. How the glue joints hold, screws, firewall, landing gear, etc. So I didnt make any flying pattern rather than circles and some rolls. On my next session I will have it do some aerobatics and possibly a hover. If it does not hover, my super 55cc plan would be a complete failure. So I will keep you guys posted!

Once again, thanks for the comments and advice! Any questions just ask!

(By the way, am sorry to be such a newbie here, but can anyone tell me how to post pictures here hahaha... I can put a 50cc on a 30, but not enough to upload a pic!!)