RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Electric Motor needed for non rc sciencel project?
Old 07-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Xsfacade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Electric Motor needed for non rc sciencel project?

I hope this is the correct posting location since my searching found nothing similar. I need help in a bad way trying to find the correct motor to run an attached disk approximately 10.25" in diameter with a total weight of no more then 4 pounds. This is a science experiment in gravity requiring high rpm that can be adjusted. I may need two motors counter rotating for a gyroscope effect so that has to be considered as well. The attached disk will have weights at the outer edge. Size is important due to space so an outrunner design that is relatively flat will help. I am guessing at this point on required rpm so the higher the better. One other issue is air flow due to a required sealed containment vessel and a possible vacuum enviornment for added benefits to lengthy to explain here. I have looked at kinds of motors and RC keeps coming up. I interested in simplicity the most so I can focus on experimental measurements. Oh yeah I cannot get it paid for by school and at last check Bill Gates has not replied to my request for adoption so money is a factor
Any free advice is very welcomed.
Thanks
Jason