RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Electric Motor needed for non rc sciencel project?
Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Xsfacade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Electric Motor needed for non rc sciencel project?

I really want to stay away from brushed motors due to other parts of experiment involving high current since brushes are carbon and if I need to seal it the brush dust will really give voltage a path. I am very aware of spinning mass equations but not aware of other things like all the different types of brushless motors that don't cost a fortune. If school paid for it I would just order the specs I need with their money but that is not the case yet. I need to show proof of theory before I can ask for financial help from anyone. I have looked very closely at the Bolan oven hood motors made in Germany. They are only 1000rpm but I can boost that with high power magnets for next to nothing. They are also of an outrunner design which adds to the centripital forces I need. The only issue is they are a little heavier then I want before I add magnets. Brushless motor is the definate design I need to stick with. Any other ideas?

Motor size no bigger then 3"x3" and rpm abover 5k if possible. The other part is the control system to modulate the pwm signals.
Thanks