RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 scale F9F Panther build
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 09:01 PM
jofunk

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 scale F9F Panther build

Thanks John Roth for the help. It couldn't have flown any better. Just two things to remember on the next flight. Take the jam blocks out of the mains and don't have the idle trim set to high. All this time building the plane I had two foam blocks jammed in the mains to keep them from collapsing on the work bench. I remembered to take them out as the plane was airborne in its first turn. So that is why the mains stayed down. The first landing attempt was hot with the idle trim high and the nose strut couldn't handle the landing attempt. It didn't stay on the ground so I went around now with no nose wheel. The second attempt was also hot so I went around again. Finally on the third approach I pulled the trim back and with the gear switch up slid the plane in with no damage other than the nose gear strut being broken. The Ziroli B 25 gear have been in a few planes before this one and the nose strut was broken off before. that's where it failed today at the weld where it was repaired. The plane took off with 200 oz of fuel and landed with a half full tank. It could stand to burn off another 50 or 60 ozs before landing. Tim D took a good video with my flip camera. As soon as I get it off the camera and up loaded I will post it here.