RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Giant P-47 Build
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Giant P-47 Build

Hey guys, I'm still here....lol Just been working and flying any chance I get.. My 47 has the top of the wing glassed and waiting for me to finish costumers planes that I am working on now, my shop looks like a Aero plane Hospital with all the repairs I have to do for guys... lol Going to be a busy building season for me, I got two 40% Carden Extras to do.. One is a new build from the ground up and the other is a Total repair on a very special plane.. My buddy and this plane were flown to Soul Korea to do a Demo, pretty amazing story that I will go into detail about when I do a thread on it.. Well he was hovering in some bad wind a couple weeks ago at a Fly in in IA that we went to and lost it, I never seen one like this, the tail went straight up at about 10 feet. All he could do was cut power and take his lumps, what a shame.. I felt so bad for him, this plane had history like no other I know of.. I will bring it back this winter for him, It's totally fixable.. I will do a thread on it once I start on it of send y'all a link, you need to here the story behind this plane, amazing!

Gary,
sorry to go off topic buddy, just felt like typing today... Give me a call when you can so we can B's and catch up Here is a pic from last month of this beauty, it's to cool of a pic not to share with you guys

Jimbo

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59192.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1904024