RCU Forums - View Single Post - READ-ONLY MODE. Really????
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 04:10 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: READ-ONLY MODE. Really????

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

Ha. You guys who want to flame me have at it - but I DO know what I'm talking about here, and I fully understand what is involved with this. At the end of the day, this system is very simplistic. If you think an Internet forum is more complex than financial software, then you've lost all credibility to even discuss this with me. Comments like ''well, why don't you fix it.'' or ''if you don't like it then leave''.... .takes nothing away from the fact that it's chock full of bugs. My intent is to edify those who perhaps are not familiar with Internet software this move is ANYTHING but ''legendary'' in IT. Are you serious? You might want to tap the brakes a little. Not to get ''old guy syndrome'' but in college when we wrote apps using the Name/Finger protocol to be the first to get our university ''online'' for the first time....THAT was legendary. I've moved multiple systems MUCH larger than this to new data centers 4-5 times over in my career and we were offline no more than one hour. Being in IT for 20+ years...yeah, I fully realize there are going to be bugs. In fact, I'm not complaining about the bugs, but instead the approach taken. If there is a new maintenance team trying to fix all the old problems - great. But to call this move ''legendary'' is bordering on ridiculous. If your feelings got hurt, I apologize - but I know what I know.

For those that doubt me: think of the last time an Internet software you use was offline (which this essentially was) for three days. If this was the first time it happened, that is one thing - but it's not. It just doesn't happen (often) with today's technology. I enjoy this forum as much as anyone on here....and consequently have no problem speaking up when I see this becomes tiresome.
but a simple striped grub screw keeps u suck for days???? go figure

seriously did RCU criticize you when u had problems working out a basic starterbox?
striped tower screw? use of locktight?
No we dident. why... because its FN rude, that's why

im very doubtfull u can come up with a better idea for RCU.
merging to vbullition is a step in the right direction and is there idea.

what's yours?