RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alert: Bad Seller, do not buy from this person
Old 07-31-2013, 07:21 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Alert: Bad Seller, do not buy from this person

ORIGINAL: computermonkey

I know the economy is turning for the worse right now, but that is no raise to pawn your broken stuff off on other people.
I have been in this hobby since I was ten years old. This is the first person that I have come across that has taking advantage of my trust. I was agree at first but like all bad things in the end you just need to raise above it.

The ad clearly states no damage.

Here is a link to the sell
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=787693

I sent the engine to Aircraft International to have a third party look at the engine. I have attached the quote.

Always interesting of note on these kinds of posts about bad sellers and bent cranks and thousanths of an inch stuff...

You claim this engine has a bent crank, but have you checked or compared tehse numbers to any other used 3W engines to see what their runout is?
Do you know what the runout should be in the crankcase and what the runout should be in a truing stand?

For example certain manufacturers cranks have an acceptable runout, mounted in the crankcase of 0.00 - 0.010"
Same crank will measure more like 0.00 - 0.005 on a truing stand, which takes away slop in the bearings.

If I measures ANY one of the 10 or 12 gassers I currently fly, I'll bet a dollar to a donut that they exceed the OP's required tolerances. Are any of them bent? Not a one of them.

But, if you are going to talk thousanths of an inch, and you are going to talk brand new type tolerances.... you may consider buying a brand new engine because I cannot imagine ANY used engine, prop strikes or not, that will meet your strict tolerance requirements.

Is grw57 a bad seller?
Dunno, but I have seen the quality of his stuff and I can't imagine him hurting badly enough to need to rip anyone off.

Get out your dial indicators folks, check your runout. Mass production tolerances can vary wildly. I'll bet there are more than one in this thread that have a "bent" crank, but don't even know it.