RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alert: Bad Seller, do not buy from this person
Old 07-31-2013, 10:57 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Alert: Bad Seller, do not buy from this person

ORIGINAL: computermonkey

I feel Gerhard put to many zero in his reply, because I measured way more then ten thousand out. The human eye can only distinguish a few thousand.

Just because an engine "runs good" does not mean it is a good engine. The bottom line is he stated "3-W 75 cc Rear Induction Competition Series engine.Runs great.Never been damaged.I sold the plane it was in and going to larger engines," when I got it the center two head fins were bent and the crankshaft was bent.

This what the ad used to say before he edited it.
Using the logic in your last reply...

Imagine you are selling a used engine that runs great, flies well, doesn't vibrate, has bent fins from removing the plug and has never been in a crash... how would you describe it?
I think everyone else would describe it as - " a used engine that runs great, flies well, doesn't vibrate, has bent fins from removing the plug and has never been in a crash".

Who could possibly imagine that you'd whip out your handy dandy dial indicator and start mic'ing the thing from every angle? And honestly, if you are going to be that critical, why would you ever buy used? Seems to me that is just a problem in the making, for you and the unsuspecting seller.

Bent fins are meaningless, even your expert invoice explains that. I have seen MANY a fellow flier trying to change a fouled plug without the correct tool, resulting in some level of damage to the fins surrounding the plug.

I have sold tens of thousands of dollars in engines over the years. I have always honestly described them to the best of my ability. But I never whipped out the dial indicator to check the runout. I didn't grab the bore gauge and mic the cylinder and I surely didn't get out the laser indicator to make sure every fin was precisely inline.

I honestly don't think the guy intentionally tried to rip you off. The crank may not be bent to me or to him, but to you it is. And if it never vibrated.... well who could poissibly even think it was bent?

I think you got overly technical on a used piece, probably got a little agressive over it and I am sure feelings were hurt on both sides.