RCU Forums - View Single Post - Self taught flying - My diary / progress
Old 07-31-2013, 04:49 PM
carl24bpool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Self taught flying - My diary / progress

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

I know you don't want to hear this... a good friend, and NOW A CLUB MEMBER told me yesterday out of the blue; he wishes that he had never gone the renegade route. He spent years running around from ball diamond to ball diamond to fly. He knows the location of every ball field in the area. He got caught several times by the park police and risked getting fined. The biggest thing he said he now enjoys is the (most of) other members. He is a great guy and offers a lot and has learned a lot from us. He regrets every year he spent running around hiding just to fly. Now that is a guy with passion for flight.

I never knew that before... it took a while, but he saw the light.
lol, "renegade route". Nice terminology.
each to their own as we say in the UK.
no ball diamonds over here. Just cricket lol. Our bowlers have something to aim for.

No park police either but then again i wouldn't fly in a public open space like a park. I just use fields or remote beach.

I've explained my choice so I'm not entering debate but the story is still good for all the other readers, of whom some may take your story on board. Not me though in afraid. Ill be flying solo bar a few of my buddies who come along in the hope of chuckling at me when i crash.

its all good fun when you're with mates you've known your whole life. Why go looking for new mates when i love the ones i have.