RCU Forums - View Single Post - Self taught flying - My diary / progress
Old 07-31-2013, 11:40 PM
carl24bpool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Self taught flying - My diary / progress

lol - I'll wear my gorilla suit nbext time I'm out and get a pic for you. Proper Guerilla flying.

As for landing gear - I like the take offs and I like the landings. Thats the most exciting bit for me.

Engines - Well it would appear that my Magnum is a bit of a duffer perhaps. I have a spart thunder tiger 42 from my friends wrote off plane so I'll put that in before my next flight. I'll mess with the magnum when I know there is little rish of damage on those deadstuck landings. Still I don;t suppose theres much point flying a crappy engine anyway. The thunder tiger will help for now and I have an os46AX in my seagull PC-9 so I only need the spare engine for my trainer and possibly the transition to my low wing trainer - the Seagull Skywalker.

I'll swap teh engine this afternoon since I don;t want any "I told you so"'s. Then I really hope I can get out tonight for a flight with the better engine. I'll read up on tuning it today so I know.

Again I'd just like to thank everyone for contributing to this thread. The positive and less positive comments are all brilliant as it all gives the other noob readers the opinions from all sides and allows them to see my mistakes and dilemmas and hopefully help a lot of other people that take the time to read this entire thread once its finished.

I really don;t want it to get boring and these noobs lose interest so I will do my best ot get out tonight and get more video of my flight.

Stay tuned guys. Unlike my Magnum GP!