RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Telemetry module and iPhone App.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:18 AM
Franco2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Telemetry module and iPhone App.

This morning I did a test to see which plane Horizontal or Vertical works best. Simple test I fired up the whole shooting match (more on this later) and then walked out the door umbrella in hand. I got 3 houses down in the development before the bars did anything. Curiously, there was no middle ground, ie. 2 or 3 bars. It was all 5 bars or nothing. I rotated the iPhone between horizontal and vertical. Drop outs occurred when in the horizontal plane. Vertical plane pointing the back of the iPhone towards the house worked best.

Now to digress a bit. Much of this interest started yesterday when I pulled down my Tricolori, (a reworked Diamante :

I flew this months ago with an AR6200 receiver but now wanted to fly with GPS and G-force sensors. Even using Andy's trick of using a "Y" connector, I could not get the TM1000 to bind. Here's the sequence I used.

Bind plug in, AR connector, Bind pressed on iPhone for STi, all lights blinking fast.

With Transmitter in off position but set for the Tricolori, depress train button and power on.

Receiver light goes steady, remote Rx light goes steady at first, TM1000 light goes out, STi device goes steady but no needles show on dials.

I repeated about 5 times same results. I pulled out another AR6200 from a different plane and got slightly different results. This time I got the TM1000 to link but repeated efforts I could not get the
STi to link.

Now i'm losing patience. I raid another plane this one with a AR6210x and was able to get everything to link. However, I got no GPS data. I re-bind about a half dozen times and could not get the
GPS sensor to work. OK I raid another plane pull the GPS sensor and this time everything works. Now here's the kicker, the GPS sensor that didn't work, was put in the other plane up in the shop.

I had been working out in the drive way so that there was a clear view of the satellites, but putting the non-functional GPS in the bird that was in the shop, it burst into life. Even in the shop it picked up 6 birds.
Out in the driveway I get 10.

I have no idea as to why 2 different AR6200's would not correctly bind with TM1000, nor why a 6210x bound and didn't like the GPS unit. In all I would bet it took me 2 hours to finally get the combination of sensors
to all read correctly, and I am really holding my breath for the trip to the flying field.

Anybody else see these kinds of pecularities? I'll bet a flying session doesn't go by that I need to select between different models to get the STi to finally connect correctly. Sometimes the bind light comes on but there
are no needles present. Usually, if I select the wrong model, and come back to the correct one it cures itself.

I would like to hear from others that fly telemetry in multiple models on a give day as to their trials and tribulations.

KKKKFL