RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-Flite Shoestring Problems
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:30 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: E-Flite Shoestring Problems

Thanks AirTech. I will be doing my maiden test flight this afternoon.

I finished the build/assembly of my E-Flite Shoestring last night. The rest of the build went very smooth except that the stupid spinner screw was too long! I'm using the required APC 8x8 prop and when I installed the spinner the screw would bottom out on the prop nut before the spinner was tight. It appeared to be one of two possible problems. 1) the screw is too long. 2) the threads inside the prop nut were messed up.

Anyone else had this problem? At a cost of $22 bucks it would seem that the spinner should fit better. I had to cut off about three turns of the threaded section to get it to work.

The plane balanced perfectly with a E-Flite 2800 3C battery pack. I had two of these that I fly my Carbon Z Yak 54 with (love that plane!!!).

One other niggling problem I encountered is that the E-Flite ESC comes with a on and off switch attached but the airframe does not have any place to mount it. I glued it to the fuselage inside near one of the wing alignment pins for the time being. Like I said in an earlier post, this plane is really quite nice but is missing attention to some of the details.

Heat is an enemy to electronics so I opened the vent hole in the bottom of the fuselage as well as opening the carb intake on the cowl. This should allow a small amount of cooling air to flow through. I've experianced a fire while in flight when an ESC burned up. It was really neat having a smoke system on an electric but you can only use it once..........
The following users liked this post:
straitnickel (10-27-2020)