RCU Forums - View Single Post - Handwriting on the wall?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Handwriting on the wall?

Much of what is posted has been stated many times, however it is often good to rehash it and to each his own of course. I flew some electrics, many glows, and have moved into gassers. I can see a place for electrics to have something quick to pull out and fly, although I don't care for the hassle of electrics by having to charge and carry all the extra batteries - a pain in the you know what.

I was one of those folks that said I would never leave glow! Guess what, my glow planes are gathering dust now. I cannot even bring myself to take one to the field anymore and let a gassers set at home. I am getting ready to chunk the rest of my glow planes and put another gasser in the fleet. I do plan to keep one glow plane just to have it around - not sure why though.

The cost of glow fuel alone is totally on full tilt and is simply not economical at all anymore - good riddence. In the last year I have three gallons of glow fuel sitting and not in use. Granted it will take some time to recoup my cost of gas planes, but I am on my way and already seeing a better return on my investment. Another cool thing is that they have a lot of small gassers now and they fly really sweet and are extremely economical.

I was out flying with a guy this past weekend and he was flying an AW Extra with a DLE 20cc. He checked his fuel after a full flight and he could not believe it! He was so stoked because there was hardly any fuel used and he kept commenting about how clean his plane was. I could see he was hooked on gas planes now and I guess it shows I like the gassers at this point in my RC life