RCU Forums - View Single Post - Handwriting on the wall?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 09:15 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Handwriting on the wall?

Rob said it best" there is not right or wrong way"....I have been flying rc since 1971.I cant even recount how many planes I built and crashed.I still love the exhaust fumes from a nitro 2 stroke.but I will admit to flying gas and electric.I sold all my 2 stroke motors. I have retired and downsized my home.artritis in my fingers makes building more difficult.so I fly electrics forsimplicty and no mess.I still have a case of 15 percent fuel.I kept my satios and have a beautful pt 19 with a satio 180. I have a wildhare 260 with a dle 30 and a lot of electric 3dh planes.nito is truly not needed for 2 strokes.I suspect glow will be around but not in big demand.I feel the move to gas is good as nitro fuels are so expensive and reqire special hazmat handling. Etanol free gas is readily available for my dle at a fraction of the cost of nitro.thanks to lipos electric will continue to grow.given how hard itis to find flying sites in urban areas eletric is a god send.the newer lipos charge fast and easy.

Admittedly the only complaint or pet peeve I have and its just me is flying foam.I hate the stuff but its everywhere and if it means opening the hobby to more young people I am all for it.but I am old school so foam is not a turn on for my tastes. I think the hobby is doing great and I do love seeing an old pattern tearing up the skies burning nitro, just wish they made a room spray that nice.