RCU Forums - View Single Post - Handwriting on the wall?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 02:10 PM
freddy s
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Handwriting on the wall?

My local flying field,which is operated by the city parks and recreation dept.Has bowed to local pressure and high price lawyers,has seen fit to cut the hours available to fuel powered aircraft(glow and gas)by 50%.Seven hours a day have been eliminated,no flying on sundays or holidays.However electric powered aircraft can fly everyday from 8am to 8 pm totally unfettered.As this is a public facility,requiring an inexpensive park pass and an ama card,there is no supervision and you fly on your own and take your chances.I am unable to fly during the allowed morning hours and have always done my flying during the mid afternoon.All my planes are .60 to 1.20 size glow,none of which were designed with electric in mind,therefore making conversion to electric wholly impractical besides prohibitely expensive.I am retired and this was to be my pleasure,now it seems I either go electric of forget it altogether.Please excuse my childish rant but I just needed to blow off a little steam.Thanks for your patience.