RCU Forums - View Single Post - Self taught flying - My diary / progress
Old 08-01-2013, 02:48 PM
carl24bpool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Self taught flying - My diary / progress

Flight 6

Okay guys, I got sick of waiting for the wind to go away over last few days so went out tonight. Blowing about 10-15mph but steady not gusty.

Decided to stick with the paperweight, sorry I mean Magnum engine. Won't be doing again.

Carried out all my checks and took off to start a few circuits. You certainly notice the way the plane sweeps around on the downwind turns. That and when I flew overhead through the cross wind you can really see the plane slipping across with the wind.

Well guess what happened next. You know it! Dead stick. Turned into the wind and got her down after one bounce. I checked the high end and it was. Little lean perhaps so I rich ended it a few clicks.

Went up again and got in a few circuits. Few loops and few rolls. I was feeling more in control with my banked turns and was trying to tighten them up a little whilst maintains height.

Then again the paperweight gave up and u thought I hada landing lined up. Bad judgement saw me drop below the tree line into the adjacent field. In Hesse situations I just keep holding back in the hope of a blind landing. As it happens I must of nosed over but no damage.

This time it cut when I went from low to high throttle. I checked the low speed and the screw was miles out, nearly all the way. I can only put his down to vibration and more so to a crappy engine. I set it back to half the gap and went to go again.

Up again (getting great at take offs, lol) and making some more coordinated laps. After 5 minutes I decided to try landing into the. Wind. She slipped in against the wind and I set her down perfectly. I was very happy with a one touch

More fuel and back up. Got a dead stick again whilst over next field, downwind! I ytyrtye