RCU Forums - View Single Post - Handwriting on the wall?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 03:00 PM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: Handwriting on the wall?

As the OP, I never intended the thread to be regarded as a comparison of power forms for aircraft as I too fly all forms with the current exception of gasoline, turbines, and rubber power.

Although glow is where my roots are, I've had the personal exposure to the improvement of electrics over the years with electric can motors and nicads in a Kyosho Etude (remember that one?) to a couple of Zagi speed 400's with Nicads and Nimh's to a GWS Lite Stick with early Kokam's when I knew nothing of balancing LiPo's to several active Parkzone airplanes that I fly today...

They're lovely and I love all airplanes but I can't see flying a .40 size Hots, Flying Machine, or Kougar or say a .45 to .50 size P-47 or even a .35 size C/L Nobler or 1/2A profile model without a slimmer in the nose. We all know these kinds of airplanes HAVE to make noise and smell wonderful.

Likewise, how does say SIG's like AMA 424 or SPA continue to operate without the glow engine to support it? A Quickie 500 or .60 size classic pattern ship with a gas engine or electric motor just ain't right.