RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes B-25 Mitchell Discontinued!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:14 AM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes B-25 Mitchell Discontinued!!!

The photos are of the original set of wings for this plane. Troy Built has another set of wings on its way to me to replace the ones you see. I have a second plane that is not yet built. Troy Built has been very good about getting replacement wings for this plane. The bad wings don't effect the way it flies, just the way it looks. I put a lot of time into this plane before I started the assembly so I was not aware of the wing droop until most of the modifications were completed. I made molds to make my own nose and tail turrets and filled in the waist gunner windows with fiberglass. I also added major panel lines to the wings and tail surfaces as well as about 6000 rivets. Then I painted the entire plane and applied new markings. Also added a bomb bay and bomb drop. After all this work was completed I began the assembly and discovered the droop in the wings.

Troy Built has really stepped up to make things right. It will be nice to be able to take this plane to an event without someone asking what is wrong with the wings!

By the way the bad wings were only in the first shipment of planes back in the 2007-2008 time frame. All the wings have been fixed on subsequent shipments. I also have the H9 B-25 and this plane is a nice substitute since the H9 and Top Flite are gone.