RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fleet Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 07:04 AM
dabrown

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last week I went back and tried to re-rig the wings. I ended up having to trim about 3/32" off the inboard half of the rear spar/wing joiners on the right wings to get the wing to align with the center section and the left wing. So basically the right wing spars don't line up with the center section and before I modified the joiners, the trailing edge of the right wing was about 1/8" lower than the center section trailing edge. Not sure how that happened...as soon as I figure out who to blame, I'll let you know.

Went out Saturday and flew the Fleet again and it was much better -- close to no trim needed.

Only the one flight as I had trouble with the fuel line arrangement with my Quadra which has the fuel feed nipple on the front so if the fuel line isn't just right the cowl tends to pinch it. And the carb came loose. So after removing the cowling about 5 times, I called it a day. When I got home I also discovered the landing gear wire brace came loose from where it's soldered to the bottom of the main gear leg.

So I have a bit of work to do.

Nothing new with this pic, just testing to see if I can post a pic.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gear 027.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1905791