RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Telemetry module and iPhone App.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Franco2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone else had said that Andy was a little cautious about the flight data being impacted due to the proximity of a BT device. Another thing to bear in mind is that not all BT earphones are the same. The original set I purchased were made by LG and these had some sort of issues with the iPhone. They would chop the audio. My initial feeling was that the problem was in the iPhone, but I was able to find a vendor that allowed me to
test a couple different devices. I wound up purchasing the Jaybird Freedom earbuds at 70 bucks, and they fit well and seem to work well. The initial start up is a little kludgey, since they were designed for MUSAK and not
spoken words, but I start a iTune track, then quit iTunes they stay bound and work fine. Might just be me too, since the instructions are printed on a page in .005 font and too hard for my old eyes to read.

I'll be clipping the iPhone/STi to the start up table and stand about 5 feet away.

Thanks for your input... now on another topic.

What is the sequence that you use to fire up everything? I turn the transmitter on first ensuring that the correct model is shown, then I turn on the model and watch for the bars on the DX8 to indicate telemetry signal.
Then I fire up the iPhone STi application. Four out of Five times I will see no needels and no bars on the iPhone. Next I select the wrong model and come back to the correct model. It might take me 3 trys before I get
the STi application to connect correctly. I've seen no needles, the the little light in the dongle indicating lock and sometimes I need to resort to re-cycling power on the iPhone to get it to work correctly. I am using a 4G iPhone at present and would like to break the code on getting it to lock first time every time. I usually bring 3 airplanes to the field, but I have all the slots filled for the STi application.

Anybody else in this boat?

KKKKFL