RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Telemetry module and iPhone App.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:03 PM
czorzella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Franco2fly
Someone else had said that Andy was a little cautious about the flight data being impacted due to the proximity of a BT device.
This is the link where Andy says: "Using a BT audio is probably a bad idea. You're talking about putting a second 2.4g transmitter in close proximity to your telemetry receiver - perfect way to make sure you don't get good telemetry reception."

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#11426776

Originally Posted by Franco2fly
... I fire up the iPhone STi application. Four out of Five times I will see no needels and no bars on the iPhone. Next I select the wrong model and come back to the correct model. It might take me 3 trys before I get the STi application to connect correctly. I've seen no needles, the the little light in the dongle indicating lock and sometimes I need to resort to re-cycling power on the iPhone to get it to work correctly. I am using a 4G iPhone at present and would like to break the code on getting it to lock first time every time. I usually bring 3 airplanes to the field, but I have all the slots filled for the STi application.
Anybody else in this boat?
KKKKFL
I'm definitively on the same boat!!!
I'm not as patient as I used to be and most of the times that it happens like you described, I simply give up using STI and use only the telemetry provided with my DX18.
BTW, I really think that STI would require an update. It acts weird like you described most of the times that I attempt to use it.