RCU Forums - View Single Post - *sigh* 1 more week?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 03:09 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyBuilder
Ok, so I have been waiting to ask this question.

Comparing this site to other sites, as it works on my computer. In the past RCU has been easy to use and looked great, the other site RCG looks a little coat toon-ish but has a few advantages to RCU. My main use is posting build logs so time is important. On RCU it takes me 15-30min to post a 12 pic page. On RCG it takes me 5 min to do the same.
So RCU has (had) a great look and was ok as far as posting pics and videos. RCG looks cartoony and is much easier to use as far as posting. I can post 12 pics in the time it takes me to post one pic on RCU. Videos are much easier on RCG, text is simple. RCU is complicated and doesn't work all the time. So for me I liked the way it looked before and wished it had the simplicity as RCG has for posting. I haven't tried to post on the new RCU, wasn't working when I tried. My first impressions are that it looks a little like RCG does, hope it works as good.

Thoughts?

Tb
We now have the same picture posting abilities that RCG has. As a side note, we migrated to vBulletin which is the same software that RCG is ran on. As far as a the cartoonish look, we know what you mean here. We are trying to avoid that with the setup of RCU. They have tried to make the new RCU look as much like the old site as possible. I guess we need to do a little more work. Please don't think we are ignoring this as we want to do what we can to make our members happy. So once we get past the big bumps in the road we can look at things like this changed. All we ask is that you bear with us while we work out the bugs.

As far as build thread go, I agree with you 100%. I have done many build threads in the past and the 12 picture limit was a total nightmare. Also being limited to the thumbnails showing up at the bottom of the post really killed a build thread. I've had a couple of build threads that I have been thinking about starting but haven't because of these issues. With the options we have now I am really getting excited about actually doing a build thread now. I think that with our new image options build thread will look great!!!

Ken