RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dynamite .15 Collet on Fastech nitro
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 05:34 PM
bigcam406

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amax
I have Removed Several Tight Collets in this fashion and never had a problem. The piston stop, Stops the piston just before TDC where the crank doesn't have the travel to bend the rod and the piston is made of a Harder grade aluminum than the piston stop so the stop will get damaged before the piston. If you use the dermal be carful not to damage the threads on the crank. Good Luck.
well today was the only time I could work on the boat.i FINALLY got the collet off after approx. 1.5hrs of farting around.tried heat and wrenching it off,no go.broke 2 allen keys holding the flywheel.was going to dremel and cut it,not enough room to do what I wanted.ended up using a bolt splitter I had,worked great.put the new one on,was about to grease and install the flexshaft,noticed the collet and tube wernt lining up properly.measured it,was 3/4"off.i played around with the motor mount for approx. another hour,got it almost perfect.installed flexshaft,new x435 prop.tightened everything up,wanted to check the radio.steering works,throttle servo doesn't want to cooperate now.....this crap never ends

Last edited by bigcam406; 08-07-2013 at 05:37 PM.