RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Telemetry module and iPhone App.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Franco2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When it works, I believe it to be a better solution than the new DX9, where they are going to provide audio out. Sure wish they had consulted me because I have been flying the STi unit now for over a year and I believe I could have provided some valuable inputs. For example, one really doesn't NEED to hear all the data fields once you have the bugs worked out of an airplane. I takes me several flights to establish what prop is best, so RPM and Temp, and Airspeed are valuable read outs initially. That said, once I have the optimum settings, I really only want Airspeed, and altitude. With the DX9, how are they going to provide GPS plotting? Currently, I review the approaches I am making RIGHT after landing. The STi just needs to be removed and replay the flight. I find this valuable in establishing whether I went too far and over flew houses at the far end of the field, I can make subsequent approaches differently if I so determine. Again, this is something that grew out of experimentation. Hands free wireless has been the missing component.

I sure would like the STi developers to spend a couple of weekends with me... heck, I'll even provide the Bed&Breakfast... an update with a couple of enhancements for the STi would go a long way.

KKKKFL