RCU Forums - View Single Post - DERIVATIVE, New 2X2
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 08:32 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MTK
I've got16 flights on Delta this far. Primarily set-up flights, getting Delta tuned. Still have a little ways to go but it's flying very well. This model makes melook good even with almost no practice

With the built in reduced throttle, it is easier to manage the awsome power of the 55. But even with it detuned I find I seldom need more than half throttle. The sound it makes is really cool...akin to aHonda motorcyclerather than an Harley.I'll try to taskBobbyto take video this weekend at the PokeURnose contest.
Rather than making another Delta, I decided to install the OS33 in place of the DLE55. The big block is just beating the hell out of the airframe and I would rather enjoy Delta's flying character than hang it up as an experiment. The 55 is better suited to an all wood airframe or a bit more heavily built airframe. I have a Giant Kaos in mind for the DLE....about 1600 squares and 95" wing span, 92" length, and around 15 pounds...

BTW- has anyone had problems with Horizon's service this summer? I've got Delta's 12X transmitter in for repair going on 4 weeks and nothing. I know they have it; the lady that answered the phone told me it was received in early July.

Last edited by MTK; 08-08-2013 at 08:35 AM.