RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Giant Scale Spitfire ARF
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpy01
Discrepancies? Seriously, do some actually believe the manufacturer considers what a top gun judge may think of "detail correctness"?

99 percent of us care about 3 scale considerations in warbirds :

- do the wheels go up?
- can you tell what kind of warbird it is when it rips by on a low pass?
- is there some kind of pilot visible in the cockpit when it makes that pass?

The primary non-scale concern?

- Does it fly good?

I'll tell you what disappoints me the most is seeing a great looking, scale correct warbird on the ground, either never leave the ground or lumber around tentatively, overweight and under powered. That makes me sad.

All of that may be true Sharpy but none of it prohibits me from posting my opinion. And I am proud to be a member of that other 1% who care about a few things other than the three you mentioned. Also, and I know this because I've done it several times, I can assure you that it is possible to build a Spitfire with a great deal more scale fidelity than what TF is offering that flies just fine. To think otherwise simply shows your ignorance. If scale fidelity is not important to you, fine. I have no problem with that. So why do you have a problem with those of us for whom scale fidelity is of some level of importance? I'm not sure why some of you guys get so bent out of shape when somebody offers an opinion that is different from your own. If you like it, fine, go buy it. I don't get angry because you come here and tell me how great the TF Spitfire is when it does not look all that great to me. Different strokes for different folks. I get that, why can't you?