RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Telemetry module and iPhone App.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:44 AM
czorzella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Franco2fly
So are there only three of us using the STi? I would have thought someone would have broken the code as to a good sequence that allows the plane selected to work properly right out of the box.

I have found that when I do have difficulties, one trick is to fire up the application without the dongle connected. As soon as you get the alert that the "accessory not connected" plug the dongle in.
There may be a timing issue as to when the exact moment to plug it in is best, and sometimes even this doesn't work. I then resort to selecting different models, always bouncing back to the correct
one until the needles show. What is weird is that sometimes the "bind" light will show, but no needles. AND, I've seen where the bind light stays list even when I go to the wrong model. I'm starting
to believe in "Software rot" as a possibility.

KKKKFL
Same here!
Most of the times that I fire up the application without the dongle connected and then as soon as I get the alert that the "accessory not connected" I plug the dongle in, it works, but what I found is that sometimes, even with this procedure, nothing happens and that is the point when I usually give up and go out to fly with only the telemetry provided by the radio. Its very frustating having to rely on a system that sometimes work, other times doesn't.... I really think that Spektrum should review the STI app.

Carlos