RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TXT-2 Agrios Build thread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Jay-Em

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=521. Are, finacially, a sounder choice. The are quite a bit cheaper, and work the same as the Tamiya rolls-royce-priced ones..

I used 4 pairs on my TXT-1. It set me back $130.- instead of $200.-. (Including tax and shipping to Europe) They are absolutely great. Filling and adjusting is a bit of an art, but not too hard for anyone that has ever filled a set of Tamiya dampers. You can adjust the rebound, the pre-pressure etc.

By the by, do not attempt to try a 1/8 scale longcan 570 (3500kv) on 4s... It'll rip the axles apart, stripping all the gears. Sadly the top gear in the axles are pot-metal, and cannot stand a lot of abuse. Diffs disintegrated too....

though, for the short moments it survived, the TXT changed from a neat, plodding little truck into a howling wheely machine. Clocked it (with GPS) @62km/h waaay to fast for the thing. Completely uncontrollable, despite the XD shocks. A small knock against a sidewalk ripped the tops of the gearcases on the axles too... Clod tires make a glorious howling, buzzing sound on those kinds of speeds. A bit like some big plane, but softer, obviously. That's quite cool..

i currently have a 10.5t LRP X12 stock-spec with 17t pinion in it. It is the perfect combi to me. It'll even survive 3s. Motor díd hit 165F on 3s though. Ambient temperature was in the high 90's, so that's part of the reason. The El Cheapo 100amp Hobbyking sensored SC never got above 100f thnx to it's big blower.

i guess the things that go for the TXT-1 go for the Agrios too, since there's no discernable difference in the running hardware. (And parts are again aplenty yay!!!)