RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilot and Instrument panel
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 06:35 PM
sewbusy

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Dale, the rule states that the model should have those items and if not there is to be a 3% points penalty. With the exception of the regionals I have not ever seen this enforced in the SW. When I was flying Intermidiate Zak and I finished close enough that had the CD enforce the rule I would have ended up willing. Seemed like a BS way to win to me so I glady took my second place finish. That being said it is CDs discretion. I may want to eventually compete IMAC again and am currently putting together a Comp ARF 3M Extra. issue is that the canopies do not seem to be available anymore. I was able to borrow one and lay up a glass canopy. I hope that if I do decide to fly a local contest that I will be allowed to do so with the points penalty. Maybe a CD will read this and share his opinion.
Hello... This information is completely wrong.
Firstly... if a pilot (other than the Basic class) does not have a pilot/panel in the aircraft, the penalty is 1%.
RULE 6.6: A realistic three-dimensional human pilot and viewable instrument panel shall be appropriately installed in all Scale Aerobatic aircraft. (A one [1] percent flight score penalty will be assessed for noncompliance.)

Secondly... this rule is definitely enforced in ALL 6 regions since the IMAC scoring software requires that information when the scorekeeper sets up for the contest on the morning of. The deduction is automatically calculated throughout the contest.

I am not sure how long ago you had that experience (and I hope it did not deter you from continuing), but since 2009 all regions were standardized, and this is one of the requirements for a contest to be included in the Regional Points system.
Hope that helps.
Wayne