RCU Forums - View Single Post - traxxas new rock crawler...sort of
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 04:20 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarluvr
Besides the R/C world, what company/product doesn't do what Traxxas does? My 2002 Ford Explorer was also the Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Aviator and went on till Mercury and Lincoln were closed. Now the wife's 2010 Explorer is darn near the same chassis and engine then mine. Eight years difference time wise and pretty much the same thing. Chevy,Pontiac,Saab, and Buick all had a vehicle that was just a re~bodied and badged version of the Malibu. That's just automotive, there are tons of other companies and products that are the exact same but different in price and appearance. This discussion will never end and the topic will always be the same. Just wanted to mention that over the weekend while sick as a dog, I watched a TORC truck race on SPEED and the winning driver was driving a Traxxas sponsered vehicle. Oh yeah, the driver is the CEO or sumptin of Traxxas!

You are dead right. manufactures will always share parts and designs, Its just the way it is. There are a lot of reasons why they do this the do it that im not going to get into,,,

If manufactures did not do this we wouldn't have 2/3 of the different vehicles we have today.

consumers like options when buying products, that's why we have all these different styles of rc cars.

imagine in the early days if people thought that way (its just the same old car with a new body and slight upgrade mentality)
we would never of seen 1/8 buggies... after all it was just a nitro TC with a buggy body.

same as 1/10 TC's they evolved the other way around buggy turned car.

ever company I can think of do the exact same thing as traxxas for sharing parts.