RCU Forums - View Single Post - Panzermodellbau Hermann INSOLVENT
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm very sorry to hear this. I have two of Nils Hermann's models: His PzKw I and II in 1/10 scale. I also purchased his 1/10 scale tracks
and sprocket for my Hetzer.

I had heard that Nils lost some of his assistance which hurt his ability to product product. I want to say I do not know the exact details regarding his situation.

I've felt Nils took a wrong path when he aligned himself with that "Big Tanks Of America" guy. Where once Nils was responsive and communicative
he later pushed that onto BToA. BtoA offers little service in return for a 40% markup over Nils' original prices: a purchaser here in the States still had to arrange shipping and handle all
Customs paperwork. Why would anyone want to pay that for something they can bring in for themselves at little to no cost always baffled me.

I believe it is because of this Nils killed off his chance at what remains one of the most lucrative markets for hobby items that may have contributed to any difficulties. The US
market is by no means the the only way of making a living but it can't be ignored either. This is an unfortunate yet wholly avoidable loss to our hobby. Nils made some very unique models
and I'm glad to have two of them.

Jerry