RCU Forums - View Single Post - *sigh* 1 more week?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 09:46 AM
BadSplice
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very sorry for your loss. MinnFlyer was a major fixture on this site, and I cant imagine that there's anyone here who isn't saddened by his passing.

I don't know a good way to say this, so I have to just spit it out and go from there.

The content of this site is not an issue that Im concerned about in this change.

Theres good content to be found all over the place. The internet is full of places where people post valuable information. If this site continues to exist, there will be good info here.

So for me, the FORMAT by which that information can be accessed is very important. If coming here isn't comfortable anymore because the look and feel of the site is so totally different, then its not worth coming here. RCU had a unique and different look and feel that I now wish I had screenshots of so I could compare and contrast. It now looks generic and crappy. At this point I feel no joy in just browsing through this site.

Its been weeks since this process started to affect everybody, and its not getting noticeably better. Almost no one likes the new look and feel. There are major login issues that as the owner of the software, you should have had no problem solving. As one of your own mods said in another thread... if the first thing you have to do when coming to this site (login) is a pain in the butt, then plenty of people will go elsewhere right then, and not even see what you have wasted all that work on.

I will keep coming back for a while in the hopes that it will go back to being the good site that it was, and to try to nudge it along to being that. But every time I come here now I feel angry and dissapointed, instead of feeling like Im at home.