RCU Forums - View Single Post - traxxas new rock crawler...sort of
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 09:42 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Microz
Actually, only forum goers are annoyed. Everyone else who doesn't surf forums doesn't care and will still buy it. They flyin off the shelf at the LHS!
well, not all buyers do research.
And its more likely this truck will sell well cause its a lower-cost version of the 4x4 chassis. But traxxas should have just released a brushed version of the rally-pede-slash instead of trying to make like its a crawler.
Its not that its a bad truck, its a good truck, and im sure it will sell very well. Problem is, traxxas knows this and is content to make money instead of furthering the hobby! They have the means to push the limits, build new and exciting things.
I would have bought this truck instead of my slash 4x4 a few months back...but only cause its less expensive and I could have put a cheap BL system in it and got $50 for the stock brushed system.
Traxxas is showing that they are all about the bottom line and profits and not about exciting the rc community. The latrax is a POS imo and will sell a lot and people will end up spending even more to buy the hop up parts it should have come with in the 1st place (seriously, friction shocks on a $150 rc?) Perfect example of traxxas making money at the expense of many a newb. I seriously doubt you will see any long-time RC'ers buying that thing.