RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are RC events getting too large to be safe? Is anyone studying band saturation?
Old 08-16-2013, 07:25 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

So you say Andy, and I respect your opinion. But no one has published anything on this so I am seeking information in an information vacuum.

I have gotten some good feedback and feel I understand the possibilities much better now than I did before, and that was my objective.

Will someone run with this? I don't know.

On a personal note, since I don't typically attend the IRCHA event or events of this size I have no real personal concern or vested interest. Primarily I fly gliders. I was just wondering.

However I did take this into account when I was going to 2.4. I had started to move to Spektrum DSM2 using a Spektrum module in my Futaba 9C radios. But as the events got larger and 72 MHz was being fazed out of the big events, I became concerned. Then Spektrum announced DSMX and explained why. Made total sense to me.

If I could have gotten a DSMX module for my Futaba radios I would have continued with Spektrum DSMX. But I could not get a DSMX module for my Futaba 9C radio, so I switched over to Futaba FASST before I went to the NATs last year. Never a problem. And I am sure DSMX would have worked just as well. I continue to use the Spektrum DSM2 module for Bnfs and never a problem.

But this is not about brands, and it is not about me, it is about "what if". And "what if" is always a valid thing to ask.