RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are RC events getting too large to be safe? Is anyone studying band saturation?
Old 08-16-2013, 04:10 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default more info

AJAR - your query brought in some readers but as previously noted, technical feedback-which is really meaningful- could be a long time coming.

The nature of 2.4 use pretty well eliminates any practical concern of problems -- caused by multiple use of equipment approved for and used corrrectly in accord with manufacturers recommendations.

What IS significant , is the increasing misunderstanding of the present equipment.
Why?
it is being use in increasing numbers by those with no understanding of it .
This is a normal outcome of more and more equipment developed for exactly this market.
It is also noteworthy that even with this increased used of 2.4, the use of modified equipment which may cause problems -- remains very small.
I have been at this a long time and active for years in RC contests and the building models , developed for them.
The proportion of technically oriented fliers to non technically oriented , continues to shift to the Plug and Play crowd..
An in depth study of how the 2.4 spectrum deals with apparently saturated situations , would be lost on the majority of readers .
Would it serve any real purpose?
From a purely practical standpoint -coming up with a meaningful density number is not likely.
Acceptance of the study is even more unlikely.
I continue to see -first hand - opinions concerning "problems" (sometimes no problem actually exists) which are technically impossible .
But keep on asking - maybe I am wrong ---------

Last edited by rmh; 08-16-2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: more info