RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Telemetry module and iPhone App.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:56 AM
Franco2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm convinced that wireless earbuds are the way to go. I've had multiple trips to the flying field all with excellent results. I have taken to using my beach rod holder as the mount for the iPhone.with it only feet away, I have solid performance. Now lets move on to fixing the STi dongle. Here's the problem re-stated.

You fire up the transmitter, fire up the aircraft receiver. ensure you have telemetry bars showing on the DX transmitter. Now with all applications previously turned off on the iPhone, you plug in the Dongle. The application comes up and you select the appropriatee aircraft. If successful on the first try the window comes up and the needles are present, there's also a bar indication. If you're lucky that's what happens, but sometimes (about 50/50) no needles are present. When this happens I select another model (the wrong one) and come back to the correct model. I might have to repeat this 3 or four times before the needles show. Another trick is to fire up the STi application and leave the dongle out. When you get the Warning message, plug the dongle in. This will sometimes work. In extreme cases, I have had to RE-Bind Everything to get it to work.

DEVELOPERS, what in the Sam Hill is going on? Is there a fix in the wind? Is there an STi device for Android users on the horizon? How about an STi update? I don't need the date of release, just knowledge that it continues to be supported.

KKKKFL