RCU Forums - View Single Post - Self taught flying - My diary / progress
Old 08-19-2013, 01:59 PM
carl24bpool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VCScott
Carl, sorry to hear about your trainer, you might consider it a push forward as you seem to be advancing rapidly. Crashes are part of the hobby, especially while learning without having someone holding your hand. I consider them character builders.
I'm glad to hear you moved up your Spacewalker without much difficultly as your trainer would be holding you back before long. You might want to save the tail section and mount it on the wall as a trophy just for fun. I wish I had done that now with all my destroyed planes from the past just for the memories. About one year into the hobby I did the same low inverted pull maneuver you did with my very nice flying Godberg Super Chipmunk, so don't let it get you down to much. Skill and focus are gained from experience and constantly pushing yourself. Please keep up the diary posts, as I'm finding it very entertaining reading your story's and reliving my own experiences, I too had the servo screws come loose and it was all three servos in the tray at the same time stuck at full throttle on my chippy's maiden flight. I had to fly out the tank (about ten minutes or more) while trying to figure out how to land dead stick with just a hint of elevator function. That did raise the hair and shake the hands!
Scott
Dont worry about the trainer buddy. It did its job of getting me flying without a load of expense. Ill have an identical replacement come Thursday. I'm going to use it for aerial video and dropping my parachute man. Failing that I may just sell it once built to make some money.

wow, I thought I did a good job of I building my plane. You appear to have produced a beauty of a spread with yours too. I guess you also needed a spade to get your engine back.

for now I'm rolling out of inverted flight. It's safer and costs me less height. Lol.

im going back out later in week. Ill get some footage of my landings and also some from the plane. There's some great views over the British coast and countryside from several hundred feet.