RCU Forums - View Single Post - Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here
Old 08-20-2013, 04:49 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scar
The above is not the whole post I'm quoting. It goes like the following:
Quoting ScaleOnly4Me, post 738

why all the stickies havbe to appear at the top of every page in the page lists of forum threads? as in page 1, 2 3, 4

and response from IBpark:

That is just the way the software functions. Stickies always go on top! =)

and answer by ScaleOnlyForMe:

Not true,, on most forums (vbullitin too) stickies are only present on the first page of the forums

My thought: I'm with ScaleOnly4Me. I went to the Kit Building Forum, and had to scroll down a screen to see anything. First on the list was the SubForum: Kit Manufacturer Direct Support, and I didn't wish to visit there. Further down, two stickies that really don't need to be stickies ("Where did all the kits go?" and "Wing Load Calculator"), neither of which I wanted to visit.
Then on the next page... there's the sub forum again, and the two sticky posts. Once again, I didn't wish to visit them on the first page, and you certainly didn't need to insert them again on the second page.

If I had wanted to see them, I'd have done that on the first page of the thread. Waste of space on the subsequent pages.

And while I'm endorsing suggestions from others: quoting BadSplice, post #7752, this forum:

When you go to a forum, all you see is control bars and ads... you actually have to scroll down the page to see ANY of the actual forum.... do we really need 4 different control bars at the top of the page? and 2 rows of ads spaced out between them?

My comment: Agree! How about putting some content on the page that appears before you scroll down!
Originally Posted by aeajr
I agree about the Stickies - they should be on first page only. If I did not want to read them on page one, I don't want to read them on page 2.

RCG - Stickies on first page only
Flying Giants - Stickies on first page only

Wattflyer - Stickies on every page

First page only please.

Stickies are now set to display only on PAGE 1.