RCU Forums - View Single Post - traxxas new rock crawler...sort of
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 07:36 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
I got a pede 4X4 its not a bad vehicle at all, just for the price its value just isn't there IMO. There are other brands where you can get more durable RC's that are more capable for close to the cost, or just a little more. Now if Traxxas put on better drive shafts, and not those plastic ones that need to be replaced often depending on how you drive from the get go instead of charging $50-60 a pair then it would be a better deal, but nope as is it has the plastic ones that get loose, or just break.
Honestly IMO as the pede 4X4 is shipped it should be $300, but then again almost all traxxas vehicles should have $75-$100 loped off their price to become a decent value(hell most would go back to what they used to cost...).
Lets face it for $50 less then a pede 4X4 you could get a LX2e which is a more capable vehicle. Granted its a buggy, but hell throw a truck body on it and some truggy tires, and boom its almost a monster truck, and will be way more durable.
syco, you and me are on the same page.
we like the traxxas trucks....tho we would like to see some of the obvious weaknesses taken care of (instead of being carried over onto new models) Them slider shafts were fine when all models were brushed. same goes for the plastic shock caps. My $365 slash 4x4 puked out its rear shock oil the 1st battery pack. made a mess of the body. A truck that will do 40mph out of the box needs alloy shock caps. They know that, but don't care.

And we both feel traxxas could do better...