RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building a Dynaflite Super Decathlon
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 08:34 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well guys,

As I mentioned earlier, I changed the fuel system over to a two line system. I did away with the seperate fill line and placed a tee about 3 or 4 inches from the carb. I then installed a Perry metal check valve between the tee and the carb. This allows me to fill the tank without intefering with the chk valve. Sounded like a good idea but,,, It didn't work. I have fuel all the way up to the carb now however, it just runs in to a road block and does not get to the engine. This Carb is a WT with two different numbers on it. One is 919 and the other is 201B. since I can't find any listing for a WT 919, I'm gonna assume its a WT 201 B. I'm on vacation this week and plan to fly quite a bit but I'm also, going to run by a small engine shop and see about getting either a replacement carb or at least a carb rebuild kit. I'm thinking a carb though since I've had this one apart and can't see anything wrong with the gaskets, pump, or diaphram. I'm wondering if there is something going on in the casting. I think the metering needle is stuck down. It was the first time I took the carb apart and I freed it. This is a brand new engine which makes it that much more difficult to diagnos as it has never run more than a Tea cup of fuel through it. Here is a picture of the valve and tee that I installed. I got the chk valve from Tower Hobbies and the metal tee from Don's Hobby shop out of Kansas.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0046[1].JPG
Views:	363
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	1913255  

Last edited by WILDCRASHWILLY; 08-26-2013 at 06:57 AM. Reason: word switch