RCU Forums - View Single Post - Issue swapping crystals from futaba 4ex to Hitec optic 6
Old 08-27-2013, 03:08 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by carl24bpool
That's great thanks John.

does this also mean I can convert my transmitter to 2.4 with a module and receiver? If so then that's likely the way ill go eventually.

i guess I'd have to change antennae too though?

Yes it does of course then you must use a hitec 2.4 receiver also. No you do not have to replace the antenna. The new 2.4 antenna comes with the module and a short wire and a new base. The old antenna is unscrewed and the new base inserted and the new antenna is popped on. Oh and the modulation type is set for that model in programing in other words you must set that model for FM(PPM) modulation.

By the way Your Tx will handle PCM receivers also as long as they are Hitec PCMS receivers.

Actually if you had a Synth module you could handle the futaba receiver (of course as above if not a PCM receiver, look on the label) and use many (I forgot how many airplanes the Optic holds) 2.4 receivers with just one module that changes out.

John

Carl these include when this photo was made some time back, there are three old Prism 7X's Three old Ecliipse 7 (not the Pro) and one A9 as well as a single JR10

All have been converted to 2.4 and all could still fly 72 (in our case) simply by switching out the modules and screwing the original antennas back in.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hitec transmitters 002.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	1913957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hitec transmitters 003.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	1913962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hitec 2.4.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1913965  

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 08-27-2013 at 03:34 PM.