RCU Forums - View Single Post - h9 extra 260 27%
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 04:12 PM
757jonp
My Feedback: (48)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey all you Hangar 9 27% extra fans (or victims, take ur pick!) I picked up one of these 3 years ago for cheap with a tired CRRC 45cc engine in need of replacement. One thing led to another and soon there was a spanking new RCGF 55 under the hood, and I've flown it that way for quite awhile. Flew fine, but I always felt like it could fly better. Powerwise no complaints here, if anything, to much power, I mean it was just ridiculous if you ask me. With a 22X8 Zoar you could dang near hover at high idle! Throttle management was defiantly the order of the day or something important was going to get left behind, like wings or maybe a half a fuse.

Anyway... I've always been curious to see how this airframe would do with a 30 size engine and recently I finally pulled the trigger on a DLE 35. After slapping this puppy on it I'm convinced that's the engine it needed all along. Still breaking it in with a 19X8 Zoar. but from what I see it has more than adequate power for just about anything you care to dream up. Will hover all day at half throttle, but more important to me I shed about 2lbs of weight in the deal so overall performance is greatly improved. I did wind up a little tail heavy, but shifting batteries fwd and rudder servo to a pull pull setup pretty much cured that.

Only drawback I've seen so far is that little DLE looks kinda lost in the cowl with cutouts for the old 55. I might have spring for a new cowl if I can find one.

U'alls have fun now, I'm going flyin.