RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building a Dynaflite Super Decathlon
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 06:41 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff,

Thank you for the suggestion. Haven't poured fuel directly in to the cylinder but have put a shot through the carburetor, which on this plane and engine config is difficult. It will fire and tick over a few times until the fuel is gone. I have even had it run for about five minutes but when I shut it off, the next time you can flip a 100 times but it wont fire. Pulled the plug and continually rocked the crank back and forth accross the pick up magnet at a rapid pace. Ig. fired everytime. Like I mentioned now thatI have fuel to the carb. None seems to be getting in the engine at all. For instance, yesterday I was flying my Edge which has a ZDZ Super 80. First time started this year. Once fuel got to the carburator, the choke pulled it right into the engine. It likes to start wet. It backfired out the exhaust a few times with a little ball of fire as it cleared it's throat and roared to life. On the Decath with the 40 ZDZ, you can't even smell any fuel, even if you take a sniff at the exhaus stacks.

Good suggestion though thanks for careing enough to respond.