RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building a Dynaflite Super Decathlon
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 05:49 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff,

I initailly set the low at 1 and the high at 1 & 1/2 by the book. Other than a pop after 100 flips,,, nothing. So then I set both at two turns each and got it stated. Only had half throttle at wide open. Shut down and raised the metering valve. Then had to deal with it's inability to draw again. Used a electric starter and after spining for 35 or 40 seconds it started. Was able to get the needles adjusted and shut the engine down after about five minutes to cool down. Engine absolutely refuses to prime. Then went to the two line and check valve system mentioned above. Unfortunately, I have not listed it on the engine forum as I thought this was going to be a minor issue when I started dealing with it. I have read the gas forum history on both RCU and FG sites. I found a ZDZ 40 that did the same as mine and PM'd the op but he hasn't responded with what he found. This only happens with the 40. The Super 80 I have starts pretty good using the 551 method.
The first time I pulled the cover off the carb, the metering needle was stuck. I suspect it's stuck again. I bought a new carb kitp for it yesterday and plan to install it eventhough this is a new carb. I'm concerned it may be a casting issue and I need to get a new carb.

Again thank you.

Last edited by WILDCRASHWILLY; 08-30-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: spelling