RCU Forums - View Single Post - In-Line Twin projects
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Jeremy_H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DIverted a little by pushing the test boat build forward, I really wanted RC control over those engines so needed to move the servo mounting along, so tasks grew . For now I've rigged the servo as intended, just the linkages to put in, mounted the tanks in the position they will be on the target boat, and stole a sandwich box from the kitchen for the radio gear.

It's quite compact in the engine area, but will have to be smaller still for the final boat: The mount is 2mm Dural, it takes some effort to flex it by hand, only running will show if it's stiff enough. If not, some cross bracing underneath will sort it. A couple more fixing screws to the hull needed.

The exhaust direction issue has been resolved using a silicone elbow from an R/C car for now, I'll rotate the silencer end towards the centre more to protect the deck before use: The vertical aluminium cylinder you can see is my own make non return valve. This may need to be lower so that the head of fuel puts a bigger closing action on it, but tests first.

I like using R/C Car tanks on boats, far less fiddly to fill. These were borrowed from a Hyper7 and an XT2 (wish I could get small parts into my sheet bender ):

So all being well I can run tomorrow after the throttle linkage challenge, then the rudders to think about. Balance point is 1/3rd from the transom at the moment.:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TEST AIRBOAT 4.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	1915256   Click image for larger version

Name:	TEST AIRBOAT 5.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	1915257   Click image for larger version

Name:	TEST AIRBOAT 6.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	149.8 KB